Saturday, January 10, 2009

It's Only Taken 10 Years...

Introducing....
New Champion Aurigan Dunes National Treasure














Hunter showed very well for me today as he got his final point toward his AKC Champion title. I didn't know whether I was going to cry, puke, pass out or pee my pants!
I thank Dayl Phillip and Pam Bennett for letting Hunter come and live with Jesse and I. Hunter is the first Cardigan I have finished on my own. A feeling that I have been patiently waiting to feel since I got Auri (Hunter's great-grandma) in 1999.
Hunter began his career in Puyallup in June '08 and finished in Puyallup in Jan of '09. Not the quickest or flashiest win record, but he was fairly consistent at getting reserve or better (and the Best of Breed wins were amazing!)














I couldn't help but take this picture of Mt. Rainier last night at sunset from the balcony of my in-laws home. It was completely cloudy and gray but somehow - from somewhere - the sun was shining through.

7 comments:

Kaci Johanna said...

Yes yes yes yes! I'm so happy/excited for you!

So which did you do... cry, puke, pass out or pee y our pants? HA! :)

Good job Hunter!

Dune Cardigans said...

I was really light headed when I went out of the ring, then I had to pee but couldn't, because I had to go back into the ring, and then I cried a little later when I calmed down...
What a trip.
I think we are going celebrate tonight too!

Traci said...

CONGRATS!!! :)

tiffani said...

Im soooooo happy for you. Hugs to you and Hunter! Ch Hunter that is!

Baledwr said...

Good Job :)

Joanna said...

Congrats! With Clue (who was my first to finish) I cried for HOURS. Every time I thought I was down from the high I'd think about how beautifully she'd shown and my nose would start running again. What a GREAT feeling!

Kady Cannon said...

A big congratulations. Pretty boy.