Saturday, October 10, 2009

In other news...

All the 'grand-puppies' at Grandma Karen's in Dayton.
L to R - LE, Callie (English Springer), Bella, Hunter and Velvet New pictures of Bella. It's like we cloned Sally! Minus the excess hair.
Gotta love make-shift tables... I think I need to put a real one on my B-Day list!

In other news, Hunter gets to try for his International title next weekend. Those are busy shows, but I might have to take my new Diana Gabaldon book since I am only showing one dog. Dayl already finished the book, so I am way behind ;)
Hunter is also still doing beginning agility, and is doing pretty good. I am a little bit of a spaz, (like getting Hunter on my right side. I am already left and right challenged. This is torture.) but he is doing fine!
Then I have LE and Bella at Vancouver. So excited to see Riley again! Riley is Hunter's handsome half-brother.
And after that, I am scheduled for a heart procedure in Spokane, WA the day after the Vancouver show. I have the same condition that Kim has. I have AVNRT which is a condition that I have had forever. I have an electrical pathway that gets messed up sometimes and causes extreme tachycardia (fast heartbeats). My heartbeat goes well over 230 beats a minute (normal resting rate is about 70-80), which has caused me to pass out/black out. The heart gets into a rhythm and can't get itself out without chemical help. I am not fond of ER visits... So they are going to put a catheter into my femoral artery and put electrical nodes into my heart, stimulate the heart to get it into the wacked out rhythm, and find out where the messed up pathway is. Next, they will zap the electrical pathway with a laser. This is called radiofrequency ablation. Hopefully this solves the issues I have been having since I can remember. It's a fairly safe procedure as far as heart stuff goes. But, still, it's the biggest procedure I have ever had done. At first I was nervous to go through it, but now the constant fear of another ER visit (stress, cold meds, caffeine, or stimulants of any kind can trigger it) outweighs the doubts and anxiety.
And then our next outing will be CANADA! Yep, I am excited. I think we might even have 3 points in bitches Sat and Sun....

3 comments:

Traci said...

Oh goodness - I hope your procedure goes smoothly and as planned.... that's got to be stressful, not having a set trigger for that! And YIKES that's a fast heartbeat! I'll be thinking good thoughts for you.

Good luck at all these shows... you're a busy lady!!! :)

Kim said...

Bella is beauuuutiful!

Thinking good thoughts for your procedure... I've havent had a single event in over a week! But I'm hating the drug side effects!

Dune Cardigans said...

I chose not to do the drugs because I am so sensitive to stuff. I am glad you havent had an event tho. Take the good with the bad I guess!
Thanks about Bella. I think she is growing up well. She isnt nearly as big as I thought she would be. That's ok tho.
I will let you know how the procedure goes.