Sunday, June 15, 2008

Powder Puff Fun

We packed everyone up and headed to All Wheels Weekend/ Father's Day in Dayton this past weekend. I have to post about this super fun weekend!
All Wheels Weekend consists of a cruise on Main Street Dayton, a car show, lawn mower races, and a demolition derby and car races. We usually go to help Jesse's mom out with the beer garden that goes on during the races. When we got into town, Jesse's step sister Lora Zink's boyfriend Chris needed a powder puff driver (car races with women only) and a driver for the mechanic's race. So, Jesse and I weren't driving so we volunteered to do those races with his car. Ok- I have been watching the races/demo for years and my brother Brian used to race dirt bikes. I know what can happen and how hurt/ sore people are the next week. But what the heck, its something I have always wanted to do but was too chicken to do.
Low and behold, I clock in with one of the fastest women's times and end up in poll position (front left) in the trophy dash race (only the fastest four race) and I get SECOND! Wow, that was fun. But my powder puff race was next so I zoomed off to get back in line for that race. This time I was front right and the car that beat me before was in poll position. Lora was behind me in both races with her dad's car. I fell back into second quickly but with 2 laps to go, I snuck around a pile up which the leader was apart of and I took FIRST PLACE! I got a cool trophy and a little cash. I was so thankful that I didn't kill the car and that I finished the race. Not too shabby for a first timer. Jesse ended up blowing up a tire but finished his race. He really wants to get back out there and get his own trophy... Chris won several races with the same car we used. It was a good little car. This may end up getting addictive...
It was a super fun weekend. I didn't get any pictures or video like I planned, but that's ok. Just imagine dusty, dirty, and smelly cars, combined with crashing, racing, and a large audience.

1 comment:

david santos said...

I loved this post and this blog.
Happy day